How good does that sound!
Nothing is more appealing than a slab of dark chocolate, marshmallows, nuts, coconut and burst of sweet cherries. And the best thing is, you can always change it up. Change the type of nuts, add seeds, add dried fruit, popped popcorn or crushed biscuits.
This is an easy method for quick rocky road, without the copha (eww.. vegetable shortening). I whipped this one up using left over marshmallows and glaced cherries, however you can use lolly raspberries or even dried cranberries.
Also, the quantities of ingredients are completely up to you! I just had a bunch of left over ingredients and I like to make mine jam-packed with lots of bits : )
– INGREDIENTS –
300-350 g dark or milk chocolate, chopped
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
100g marshmallows, chopped in half
50g glace cherries, chopped in half
50g – 75g salted pistachios
2 tablespoons desiccated coconut
– METHOD –
1. Fill a small saucepan about a third of the way full of water. Bring to the boil.
2. Prepare all of your ingredients. Place the chopped chocolate and vegetable oil in a medium – large heat proof bowl. Place the marshmallows, glace cherries, pistachios and coconut in a small bowl. Line a slice tin with baking paper. Alternatively, you can just use a baking tray, your slab will be thinner and rustic shaped.
3. Place the bowl of chocolate over the pot of water. Bring down to a simmer. Melt the chocolate, stirring until smooth and glossy. Hold the side of the bowl with a tea towel because it will get hot!
4. Once the chocolate in smooth, pour it into the prepared tin. Immediately scatter your marshmallows/nuts/cherries/coconut mixture evenly. Press down to ensure the bits just aren’t on top but throughout the chocolate.
5. Place in the fridge to set and once solid, remove and break into smaller pieces! Yuummmmm