On Mondays, I make the muffins at work and usually I get requests for my Banana and Chocolate Muffins, but lately more and more people have been requesting my Raspberry, White chocolate and Coconut ones : )
These muffins have the perfect balance of flavour with sourness from the raspberries and sweetness from the chocolate.
But I like to add desiccated coconut from even more flavour and to make your usual raspberry and white chocolate combo just a little bit different.
The quantity of ingredients is large because I use it in the cafe where I usually make 12 texas sized muffins. You can either make 24 small muffins from this, or just half it and make 6 texas sized or 12 small muffins.
Also, I rarely measure my chocolate or raspberries out. I just do it by eye.
But remember – the more bits the better!
600g plain flour, sifted
20g baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup desiccated coconut
250g butter, melted
250g brown sugar
300ml – 350ml milk (depending on consistency – the added coconut can make it a bit dry)
150ml vegetable oil
2 teaspoon vanilla essence
Raspberries (fresh or frozen)
– METHOD –
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius. Melt butter. Set aside.
2. Combine flour, baking powder, salt, coconut, white chocolate and raspberries in a large bowl.
3. In a smaller bowl, combine eggs, sugar, butter, milk, vegetable oil and vanilla essence.
4. Combine wet with dry – do not over mix!
5. Pour into muffin tins and bake 12-15 minutes until done.