These brownies are grain-free, refined sugar free, dairy free and high in protein! They are definitely up there with some of the tastiest paleo things i’ve tried and I even got my dad to eat these (Whaaaat??!)
– INGREDIENTS –
250g coconut oil, melted
20 medjool dates (approximately 325g with pits removed), or alternatively, I just used 325g dried dates with the pits removed, chopped
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup raw cacao powder, sifted
2 cups almond meal
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
– METHOD –
1. Preheat oven to 160 degrees celsius. Line a 20x 30cm baking tin with baking paper.
2. In a food processor, combine the coconut oil, eggs, dates and vanilla until smooth. Usually the dried dates are quite hard, so I simply chop the up and microwave them for about 30 seconds to soften them – this helps a lot! Once blended, it should be a caramel like colour.
3. In a large bowl, combine the raw cacao powder, almond meal, sea salt and baking powder.
4. Pour the egg mixture into the bowl with the dry ingredients and mix until well incorporated.
5. Pour the batter into the prepared tin and spread the top evenly. Bake for approimately 40-45 minutes, or until firm to touch.
6. Cool on a wire rack before slicing into about 16 pieces. Enjoy with out feeling too guilty!