These cookies are best kept in the fridge. I guess its so the coconut oil remains semi-solid, rather than soften (especially in hot weather). You can use cranberries or sultanas instead of dates and you can also use any nut you like. These are unexpectedly sweet and the coconut flavour isn’t too strong, so it’s perfect for those people who are new to paleo. This recipe is so easy to put together as well, so thats a bonus!
– INGREDIENTS –
3 cups almond meal
1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup maple syrup
1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
1- 1 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
1- 1 1/2 cup dates, chopped
1 teaspoon cinnamon
– METHOD –
1. Preheat oven to 190 degrees celsius and line 2 cookie trays with baking paper.
2. In a large bowl, combine the almond meal, bicarbonate of soda, salt and eggs. Whisk together.
3. Add the vanilla, maple syrup and coconut oil and mix well.
4. Add the walnuts, dates and cinnamon, combine until evenly distributed. Place in the fridge for about 20 minutes until it solidifies slightly.
5. Roll tablespoons of the mixture into a ball and place on the baking sheet. Squish down slightly and bake for about 10-15 minutes until browning. Allow to cool completely on the trays.