If you’re looking for something fun to do with you’re space time this long weekend, making these cupcakes are the perfect thing! They are really simple and look very impressive!
All you need is a basic Vanilla Cupcake Recipe and a simple Vanilla Buttercream recipe (see further down)
For the chocolate nests you will need:
1 x packet of small Cadbury Easter eggs
2 x packets of Changs Original Fried Noddles
1 x packet of Nestle Dark Chocolate Melts
1 – 2 tsp vegetable oil
1. Melt the dark chocolate and vegetable oil in the microwave until smooth. Make sure you use a microwave safe bowl and be sure to stir it every 30 or so seconds.
2. Add the Changs Noodles and stir until they are coated well with the dark chocolate mixture.
3. Lay out two trays with baking paper on them. Using a small spoon, drop tablespoons of the chocolate noodle mixture onto the baking paper. Shape into little nests, making a small indent in the middle.
4. Place an Easter egg in the middle of the nests and allow to set. They don’t need to be refrigerated to set.
Once you have made the cupcakes, the next step is to make your icing.
For a simple Vanilla Buttercream you will need:
125g butter, softened
4 1/2 cups icing sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
6-8 tablespoons milk
1. In a bowl of a mixer, beat the butter and vanilla until creamy. Add the icing sugar and beat again. Next, add enough milk to make a thick, smooth consistency.
2. Once the cupcakes have cooled, place the icing into a piping bag. I used a large star-tip nozzle.
3. Pipe your cupcakes and top with a chocolate nest.